Monday, September 27, 2010

Loving: Fall in Beijing


If you plan to visit Beijing, Fall is definitely the best season to do it! Right now, we've been having gorgeous blue-sky days, fresh air, and temps ranging from 55-75! It's been amazing. Look what I see when I look out my window right now.... gorgeous! I've loved the chance to actually open my windows and let the cool, fresh air in.

I've been so absent - bad bad bad, I know! but my in-laws have been in town and my husband and his dad went on a 20-hour hard seat train ride to Anhui Province, so I've been showing my mother in law around Beijing.... well, for the part of the time we weren't sick! My mother in law and I have had (are still having?) a run-in with a bout of food or water poisoning. Poor mother in law has to fly home today, a very long flight and not feeling her best at all.

I'll be back to posting regularly as soon as I've recovered completely.

Everyone take care, I hope everything is right in your world, and wherever you are, you are experiencing this glorious fall weather!

Steph

12 comments:

  1. I was just thinking today how I hadn't seen you post in a while. Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you feel better Steph! I always drank bottled water when I was in China. Oh how I miss Beijing! Have you been to the French Concession yet?!

    <3, natasha
    twenty-something blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys! I really appreciate it :)

    Natasha, I think the French Concession is Shanghai, isn't it? I always drink bottled water too... but... we had a wonderful hot stone massage, and they brought water to us, just in glasses, which we drank... we assumed it was bottled water but now think that maybe it wasn't.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no! I feel for your MIL who has to make the long trip feeling so bad :( yuck.
    I hope you all are feeling 100% soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's no fun! Hopefully you're better soon! What a nice view of Beijing!

    -Amanda
    (The Pretty Pauper)
    Check out my giveaway!
    prettypauperstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Steph, I actually called my dad to find out! lol. You are right, The FC is in Shanghai. I was in China for only two weeks, so I sometimes blur the two together. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry you both are sick. Not fun :(
    Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Natasha - no worries! I was like, hmm, I haven't heard of that here! I still haven't made it down to Shanghai, but next month when my parents come, we are definitely heading that way, so I'll be sure to check it out! Thanks for the rec!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It must have been wonderful to have some family visit! I hope you wont be so homesick now, the Fall weather there sounds like a welcome break from the heat!

    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  10. So excited to be coming to Beijing October 15. Can't wait to escape the HK heat.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Roux - you are going to have really nice weather! It's been amazing! I'll be heading down to Southern China at that time - go figure, nicest time of the year and I'll be out of town.

    Steph

    ReplyDelete