I am! What can I say? I'm only human! I just can't seem to get psyched for the 14 hour flight. Not mention, the thought of eating Chinese food for a year straight.... anyway, I'm a nervous flier in general, though I just adore traveling... so, flying is a necessary evil! One way I try to relax and mentally prepare for the flight is to make sure I have everything I'll need for an enjoyable flight - or, an enjoyable as possible flight. Let's see...
1. Big fluffy blanket from mom's house.... CHECK!
2. Two comfy travel pillows.... CHECK!
3. US Weekly, People, and Instyle.... CHECK!
4. Two good books: The Tea Rose, and The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society.... CHECK!
5. Cards! Plain old playing cards, and Monopoly Deal.... CHECK!
6. Lotion, eye drops, hand sanitizer, and my travel must-have, spray water.... CHECK!
7. A bag of homemade cookies from Mom.... CHECK!
I already checked the in-flight movies and Invictus is playing, which I've wanted to see for some time now!
When you fly long distances, what is your favorite thing to 1. keep busy and 2. stay relaxed (especially if you are a nervous flier)?
Any tricks?! I'm sure I probably do them already, but, its nice to talk about it to A. get mentally prepared and B. maybe I'll learn something new!
Thanks for all the safe travel wishes in the last post! Don't feel like you need to repeat yourself here! You don't. :)I'm just interested to see what your tips and tricks are.
....next time I make a post, Blonde in Beijing will actually BE IN Beijing! We leave tomorrow mid-afternoon (wish it was a night flight, oh well!) and arrive Beijing time the following day, 2:30pm or so.